Blackberry Messenger BBM 6.0.1 out of beta
- Explore BBM-connected Apps – BBM users will now be able to pull up “Explore BBM-connected Apps” from a menu in the BBM Contacts screen. This action is designed to automate a BlackBerry App World storefront search for “BBM” by redirecting users to a list of up to 25 of the most popular BBM-connected apps available.
- Sharing App content with your BBM Contacts is easier – Many BBM users have told us that they love sharing app content with their BBM friends who use the same app, but they also wanted to share content with their BBM friends who don’t have the app. BBM v6.0.1 is designed so that you can now share app-specific content with your BBM contacts regardless of whether your contact has the app installed.For example, foursquare users may want to share a tip or badge they’ve recently earned, or Huffington Post users may want to share a breaking news story with their BBM contacts. Your friends or contacts will also be prompted to download the BBM-connected app if they don’t have it installed.
- Include BBM v5.0 users in application invites – Now you can include even more friends in the fun! You can now invite BBM v5.0 & BBM v6.0 contacts to join in the fun and share BBM-connected app experiences. Your BBM v5.0 contacts will be prompted to download BBM v6.0 in order to access BBM-connected apps. For users new to BBM v6.0 and BBM-connected apps, here’s a quick rundown of some benefits to upgrading (make sure to read our BBM 6: Apps Made Socialblog post for more information).
- Inviting BBM friends to experience your favorite apps
- Chatting with BBM contacts from inside BBM-connected apps
- Discovering apps and updates through friends by browsing their recent profile updates of their contacts profile
Download BBM 6.0.1 in App World! The update is still not showing for all at this time.
Posted on October 31, 2011, in App World, Blackberry Devices, BlackBerry Messenger, Blackberry News, Blackberry Software, Free and tagged bbm, bbm 6.0.1, blackberry messenger. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.