We heard rumors that it was coming but now it is official. Verizon has announced the pricing and launch dates for the all touch BlackBerry Torch 9850. The Torch 9850 will be available on Verizon’s website on Sept. 8th and will be in stores on Sept. 15th. Yes you read that right it launches in less than 2 days. Nothing else is really new other than it coming with a free 16GB MicroSDHC card.
The BlackBerry Torch 9850 will be selling on Verizon for $199.99 with a new two-year contract and will require a Nationwide Talk plan of $39.99+ and a data plan of $30+. Check out the details from the press release below!
Verizon Wireless Introduces BlackBerry Torch 9850 Smartphone
BlackBerry Torch 9850 to be Available on the Nation’s Most Reliable Network
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless today announced the new BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 smartphone will be available online at www.verizonwireless.comon Sept. 8, and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Sept. 15.
Watch videos, play games and stay productive on the largest display and highest resolution on a BlackBerry smartphone to date. Powered by the new BlackBerry® 7 operating system, customers can enjoy the next generation BlackBerry browser with optimized zooming, panning and HTML 5 performance. BlackBerry® Balance is now integrated, allowing secure access to business information while preventing it from being copied into, sent from or used by personal applications. Customers can stay connected to their personal and business lives while in or out of the office.
- 3G coverage on the nation’s most reliable network
- 3.7-inch high-resolution touchscreen display (800 x 480) with trackpad navigation
- 1.2 GHz processor
- Global Ready™ – Quad band with support for UMTS, HSPA, GSM, GPRS and EDGE allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, including more than 95 with 3G speeds
- 5-megapixel camera with flash and 720p HD video recording capabilities
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS and Bluetooth® 2.1
- 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed, with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
- Liquid Graphics™ technology combines a dedicated high-performance graphics processor with a blazingly fast CPU and stunning high-resolution display to deliver a responsive touch interface with incredibly fast and smooth graphics.
- Premium version of Documents To Go is now included at no additional cost, offering customers enhanced document editing features, as well as a native PDF document viewer.
- The newest release of BBM™ (BlackBerry Messenger) now extends the real-time BBM experience together with a range of apps including gaming and social networking.
- Updated Social Feeds app has been extended to capture updates from media, podcasts and more, all in one consolidated view.
- Universal search capability now supports voice-activated search, allowing customers to simply say what they want to find on their device or the Web.
- BlackBerry Balance administrator can remotely wipe business information from the device while leaving personal information intact.
Pricing and availability:
- BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone will be available for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers that purchase a BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 smartphone in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.