RIM Begins Prepping App World 3.0 Rollout
Developers are beginning to receive e-mails containing information regarding an upcoming update to the BlackBerry App World vendor portal, according to BerryReview. The new update is to put the beginning pieces in place for App World 3.0 rollout. We reported that App World 3.0 should receive an ‘update all’ feature and we exclusively gave you a first look at all the App World 3.0 features. RIM will be taking down the BlackBerry App World Vendor portal for maintenance on July 6th from 2:00am – 6:00am (EST). After the maintenance period is over, developers will have two new fields to fill out for their applications:
- Short Description: This is your feature description or your one line sales pitch. Please provide a “short description” of each of your items to make your app more discoverable. We support multilingual short descriptions so you can make your salespitch more local and relevant to better attract users who speak more languages around the globe.
- Note: BlackBerry App World supports 108 Countries worldwide and growing!
- The maximum character length is 50 Characters (including spaces
- Feature Image: You can now upload a featured app image. This is required if you want your applicationto be considered for feature. It will make your application much more discoverable.
- Image Specifications: 1920 x 1186 pixel .PNG file