BlackBerry Theme Studio 6 Gold Release Now Available
RIM is rolling out betas into production today. BlackBerry Theme Studio 6 has been in beta for awhile now and just got an update in late January. It is kind of crazy to think that the beta came out months after BlackBerry 6 devices started shipping and now it is releasing into Gold status right before the launch of BlackBerry OS 7 in the next month or two. Still developers have been making themes with the Beta for months now so it really did not make that much of a difference.
In case you are a theme developer who has avoided BlackBerry Theme Studio in beta form you can get the Gold Release now with these features:
- Support for the latest BlackBerry devices, including the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 and BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 handsets, and BlackBerry® 6.
- Support for theming BlackBerry 6 features such as graphic popup menus, plus the addition of BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), Facebook®, and Twitter® feeds to Today screens.
- New productivity features allow you to batch update all of the graphics in a theme automatically. You can also change fonts across multiple phone screens automatically. Also, BlackBerry Theme Studio continues to be compatible with popular graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop® and Corel® Paint Shop Pro.
- A Background Wizard makes it easy to add dynamic wallpapers to your theme. Options include date-based or time-based changes (to highlight a special holiday or change images by the time of day), and slideshow backgrounds (to cycle through your favorite photos).
- A new user interface lets you click on any item on the preview and directly edit its settings. This allows faster editing and a shorter learning curve, plus you can select multiple items to change them all at once.
- A new export option makes it easier to offer themes through BlackBerry App World™. The export packages all of the correct files and settings into a single zip file, ready for upload to BlackBerry App World.
You can pick up the BlackBerry Theme Studio 6 Gold Release at BlackBerry.com