Twitter For Blackberry Updated In Beta Zone v220.127.116.11
RIM has launched a new update to Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones that adds features users have been asking for – including geotagging, which allows users to identify their location with their tweets; new language support; cleaner interfaces; new notifications and more. Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones v1.1 is a beta download available through BlackBerry Beta Zone (www.blackberry.com/beta)
New Twitter for BlackBerry v 1.1 features include:
- @mention Push Notifications – Users are now alerted with push notifications to the ribbon when they have @mentions, helping users quickly reply to @mentions
- Direct Messages – Renamed “Messages,” direct messages are now threaded in the style of BBM conversations. Related messages are grouped together, making the direct message area less cluttered
- #Topic Autocomplete – When users include a hashtag in their tweet, a dropdown list of key words will be presented based on previously used #topics
- Social Feeds Integration – Deeper integration with Social Feeds allows users to perform Twitter actions right from Social Feeds, without launching the app
- Retweet Updates – Retweets now appear in the Home timeline with a tag of “retweeted by you,” quickly alerting users that a retweet has been sent
- New Gesture Support – BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device can now refresh page content by simply dragging a finger down the device screen and releasing it
- Additional language support – New languages supported include Polish and Czech
Twitter for BlackBerry 1.1 runs on BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 or higher and requires a data plan.
Posted on February 23, 2011, in Announcement, BlackBerry beta Zone, BlackBerry Device Software, Blackberry Software, Free, twitter and tagged 18.104.22.168, blackberry, blackberry beta zone, bold, curve, pearl, torch, twitter. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.